TC55: How to receive scan from programmable hardware button

B Bruce Tonkin 3 years ago
11 1 0

Hi, I am writing an Android app for a TC55 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 non-GMS build.

I have integrated barcode scanning into my Android app by sending the com.motorolasolutions.emdk.datawedge.api.ACTION_SOFTSCANTRIGGER intent when the user presses an on-screen button. To receive the scanned text I have implemented BroadcastReceiver. There is also a DataWedge profile with the return path intent configured. This is all as described in DataCapture APIs for Scanning and MSR and is working fine.

However, I can't figure out how to receive the scan results when the user presses the programmable (hardware) button. Pressing that button seems to trigger a scan and it beeps when it successfully reads a barcode. My BroadcastReceiver isn't receiving anything when the hardware button is used. It must be possible because it is working in the DWDemo app.

How do I receive the scan result when the user scans using the hardware button please?

Thanks

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Jan Franče

Hi, i catching output from the TC55 with HW button. DataWedge Intent ouput / Intent delivery is set as Broadcast intent with some Intent action and on registering receiver i create new IntentFilter with same key from Intent action in DataWedge. On receive i only checks right action and get data from extras with key "com.motorolasolutions.emdk.datawedge.data_string". Works great

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?