FirmwareUpdateActivity Behavior

// Expert user has replied.
D David Fischer 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

Team,

I wanted to get confirmation that the behavior I am seeing after running the FirmwareUpdateActivity APK is correct. I followed the READ ME FIRST doc to update my unit to the 061615 Build and verified that the device and all versions updated correctly. Then I followed the directions specific to the FirmwareUpdateActivity (with a minor change since you have to select DataWedge and then select the Disable button).

The application lunahes and runs succesfully but after it is finished the device does not reboot as per the directions say it will. INstead I get a small pop up on the bottom of the screen that says "enablingScannerPlugin". I am able to succefully scan using the DWDemo app after going back and enabling DW. I also noticed that the App shows the current version when it shows that it is updating but the app closes before I can clearly see what the updated version now is.

Can someone confirm that I am seeing the correct behavior and if I should manually reboot the unit after the app quits? Also is there a way to run the FirmwareUpdateActivity App just to verify the current version of the scanning software and NOT have it automatically run?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

D David Singer

David and all..

First, I was informed late last week when I received the newest scanner firmware (fw) update app for the TC75 that you no longer need to disable DataWedge before running the fw update... the latest installers (including the MC40 Rev C one) do that for you.

The non reboot you mention is also most likely a factor in the newest fw installer.

What you are experiencing does seem to be correct behavior and you don't need to reboot.  Don't know about running it to check the version without actually installing it again... the team actually recommends after running it the one time, to uninstall it.
I am posting a newer READ ME now (v4) that will update the fw instructions.

Very sorry for the confusion.

David

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?