Configuring Datawedge to interface with a Chrome web page that was Added to Home screen.

Hi,

I have a Datawedge profile configured to send data to Chrome. When my page is loaded in Chrome it works properly. When I do "Add to Home screen" and load the page direcly as a Web App, Datawedge no longer recognizes it as Chrome and no longer sends data.

Does anyone know how I can associate my Datawedge profile to this Web App?

Thank you

Anonymous (not verified)
Maurice, Which device and OS

Maurice, Which device and OS are you testing this on, I assume a TC55 with a GMS build?

I suspect that when starting the app from the homescreen, a different Activity ClassName is used.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Maurice Israel
Thanks for your answer. This

Thanks for your answer. This is on a TC75 (Android 4.4.3), but the issue is now fixed.

The problem was that I had left Datawedge open with that profile in edition. I realized that was the problem when I noticed the scanning no longer worked in Chrome either. After exiting out of the profile properties I'm now able to scan both in Chrome proper and in the Web App launched from the Android Homescreen.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Maarish Kandan
Hi Maurice,can you please

Hi Maurice,

can you please share the details about how you configured the data wedge for chrome?

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’