Pairing Bluetooth scanner to VC80

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

I'm pairing a DS3578-ER to the VC80 and noticed that after scanning the pairing barcode on the VC80, a "Configuring BT Services" window pops up on the screen and never seems to go away.

Here's how to reproduce:
1.  Go into Bluetooth settings and add an Incoming COM port.  It should assign as COM3
2.  Go into TekWedge and have it use COM3
3.  Scan the Serial Port Profile Master barcode - see page 3-13 of the VH10 Manual for this barcode - http://atgsupportcentral.motorolasolutions.com/content/emb/docs/manuals…
4.  Scan the pairing barcode on the VC80.
5.  The VC80 will ask to confirm if the BT device can connect.  Click on the dialog bubble to confirm.
6.  The "Configuring BT Services" window will pop up and will not dismiss (see screen shot below)

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

On the latest WES7 image the Incoming BT COM port is now assigned to COM4 instead of COM3.

E Eric De Thaey

I was partly able to reproduce this (VC ControlPanel v4.3). I see the pop-up as well and it seems to remain on the screen, but after +- 2 minutes it will disappear. I did confirm however that while the pop-up is shown, data can already be wedged through TekWedge successfully. Can you confirm if the pop-up eventually goes away for you?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?