gradle plugin 2.10.0 Sync fails (failed to find target with hash string 'Symbol Technologies, Inc.:EMDK 3.1 (API 19):19')

// Expert user has replied.
A Andre Heine 3 years ago
18 2 0

Hello all,

after update gradle to 2.10.0 sync will fail with error (1.5.0 will work):

failed to find target with hash string 'Symbol Technologies, Inc.:EMDK 3.1 (API 19):19' 

I spent a huge time to solve this. May it will help you...

My build.gradle uses the target (described in docs by zebra):

compileSdkVersion 'Symbol Technologies, Inc.:EMDK 3.1 (API 19):19' 

Problem:

The EMDK in my android SDK has these files in the top directory:

localhost:addon-symbol_emdk-symbol-19 ah$ ls -l total 24 drwxr-xr-x  3 ah  staff   102 24 Jun  2015 docs drwxr-xr-x  3 ah  staff   102 24 Jun  2015 libs -rw-r--r--  1 ah  staff   773 18 Jun  2015 manifest.ini -rw-r--r--  1 ah  staff  1169 13 Jul 07:43 package.xml -rw-r--r--  1 ah  staff   421 13 Jul 07:42 source.properties localhost:addon-symbol_emdk-symbol-19 ah$  
A deeper look into source.properties shows the main problem here.
### Android Tool: Source of this archive. #Wednesday June 17,2015 Addon.NameId=symbol_emdk Pkg.Desc=Android + EMDK APIs Addon.VendorId=symbol Addon.Vendor=Symbol Technologies, Inc. Pkg.License="" Pkg.LicenseRef="" Pkg.DescUrl="" Archive.Arch=ANY Addon.NameDisplay=EMDK 3.1 (API 19) Addon.VendorDisplay="Symbol Technologies, Inc." Archive.Os=ANY Pkg.SourceUrl="" Pkg.Revision=38 AndroidVersion.ApiLevel=19               
I found two possible ways to solve it.

See the line with the key "Addon.VendorDisplay". Remove the double quotes and delete the package.xml.

Addon.VendorDisplay=Symbol Technologies, Inc. 
Run your sync again. The package.xml will re-created and my project was build.

Alternatively leave the files untouched and modify your build.gradle instead.

compileSdkVersion '"Symbol Technologies, Inc.":EMDK 3.1 (API 19):19' 

We use many Flavor builds. So chang ing  EMDK's source.properties is much less work...

At least the directory convention of the EMDK directories is wrong. Append "--debug" or "--info" to "gradlew" to see much more...This point will not affect the sync or my build but floods my console and logs.

The directories should looks like:

localhost:add-ons ah$ ls -l drwxr-xr-x   7 ah  staff  238 12 Jul 14:42 addon-symbol_emdk-symbol-16 drwxr-xr-x   7 ah  staff  238 13 Jul 07:55 addon-symbol_emdk-symbol-19 

Best regards
André

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

Thanks Andre,
very good information!

I'll make sure that our EMDK team take a look into this.

Ciao
~Pietro

A Andre Heine

Same with EMDK 4.2.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?