Trouble printing Thai Font in CPCL printer languages

Hi, currently i downloaded angsa.ttf to the printer however when  i print at the any Thai language it become "????" instead of thai character, can you help me with the step and  which links i can refer to.

Thank in advance

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Sengkan MakSome useful

Hi Sengkan Mak

Some useful getting started information is here: https://km.zebra.com/resources/sites/ZEBRA/content/live/WHITE_PAPERS/0/WH52/en_US/EZ320_CPCL_AsianFont_WH.pdf 

Robin West

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

sengkuan mak
Hi Robin, Thanks for your

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using Zebra Printer MZ320 CPCL Printer, If possible please let us know what Thai font Zebra MZ320 Printer supported ? Because we tried to insert ANGSA NEW.TTF and ANGSA UPC.TTF, and try to print but seems it can only print ??????? or some wired character. And is it Zebra MZ320 Printer only support CPF extension font file ?

We highly appreciate if you provide an example printing Thai character with desired Thai Font supported in Zebra MZ320 Printer. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Nikesh

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Nikesh, I'm glad you got

Hi Nikesh,

I'm glad you got something working. 

For future reference:

CPF files are the only font type supported by CPCL.  TTF fonts must be converted to this before sending them to the printer.  The White Paper I linked above has instructions for using the Font Downloader tool of Zebra Setup Utilities to convert fonts for CPCL.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

sengkuan mak
thank Robin it solve my

thank Robin it solve my problem with the link you provided, we using BROWAL02.CPF instead of ANGSA the thai word can be display properly.

Thanks so much. 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Abbas Abbas
Hi Robin,What is the encoding

Hi Robin,

What is the encoding to print Thai characters with ANGSA.CPF font. In the white paper you mentioned "ENCODING GB18030" for Chinese, i need equivalent thai code. Can you help?

Thanks.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Abbas, The encoding for

Hi Abbas, The encoding for Thai is CP874.

Here are a few sites that explain the encoding:

ISO/IEC 8859-11 - Wikipedia

Windows Codepage 874 - Character Code Listing

Character encoding and code pages in simple terms are a way to specify which characters are associated with a set of bytes.   Common encoding types are ASCII, and UTF-8. 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’