VS2015, Xamarin.Android missing class error

R Richard Hill 2 years 11 months ago
3 1 0

Using Visual Studio 2015 (Update 3), Xamarin 4.1.1.3, Xamarin.Android 6.1.1.1, EMDK for Xamarin 2.0.4.3)

I can build, run and deploy the BasicScanningTutorial just fine.  I have created my own application without EMDK and it also runs just fine when I type in a barcode (pre EMDK development), but when I try to implement EMDK into my application, I always get an error.  Java.Lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "md53f3f14ae4f5ca89fb233950c332b7fbf.MainActivity" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/VSO.VSO-1.apk (the error path is different based on which activity I've implemented EMDK into).  I've taken my own application, and basically copied and pasted the BasicScanningTutorial into it, and also get that same error.    Since I'm completely stuck on this issue and can't find a resolution, I figure it must be something simple I'm overlooking.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

R Richard Hill

Update.  I can take the BasicScanningTutorial sample project, add my API project into the solution, and successfully scan a barcode and make the API call and get the result.  So it has to be something in my solution settings when I create a project from scratch.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?