TC70 EMDK Key Mapping Manager

// Expert user has replied.
V Vedsatx Saddvv 3 years ago
21 2 0

Hi

TC70 running on KK build 1803. I want to remap the volume up and volume down button to scan button. How would I configure the Key Mapping Manager in the EMDK when I cannot find the "Scan button" in the key-codes? I tried sending trigger 2, which should be scan button, but with no luck. Anyone got any ideas?

Attached is my config.

The other option, to enterprise reset my devices, is not going to work so many devices already in production. And I do not want to manually remote control each and every device to manually configure, or let the users to it them selves.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hello Marius,
It seems to a different keycode depending on which device you are coding for. In a blog post I did a while back for keymapping on the MC40, I had to try a bunch of different keycodes until I got the right one.

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Marius,
I don't think that the TC70 KK build 18-03 is supported by the Key Mapping Manager.

My suggestion is to use the Key Programmer functionality, available in the device settings, that can be configured using an XML file.

The process is explained in the Integrators Guide:

You need to configure a device in the “Settings->Keyboard programmer” panel
export the configuration
re-import on  the other devices.

To distribute this, take a look at TC75 Integrator Guide, page 149, you need to create a Remap File and put it in /enterprise/device/settings/keypad/

If you've the file included in your app and copying it by code in the right position, remember to set the file permission so that it can be read by everyone:

String srcFile = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/key-config.xml"; String destFile = "/enterprise/device/settings/keypad/key-config.xml"; String cmd = "/system/bin/cp " + srcFile + " " + destFile; try {     Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd);     Runtime.getRuntime().exec("chmod 666 " + destFile); } catch (Exception e) {     e.getStackTrace(); } finally { }
Ciao
~Pietro

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?