How to pair RS507 with Panasonic android Tablet?

Is there a way to use RS507 scanner for barcode scanning with Andorid 4.4 based Panasonic tablet FZ B2? I am able to pair using standard bluetooth settings but I don't know if I need to install EMDK on my tablet to transfer scanned barcodes between scanned and Tablet? If yes, how can I install EMDK on panasonic since panasonic uses its own toughpad API.

Andreas Fauerbach
Hi,There is no point using

Hi,

There is no point using EMDK with a Panasonic Tablet, because that device lacks the MX Framework and other components, which EMDK require.

The best bet is to put the RS507 in HID Mode (see PRG) and use it like an external keyboard.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Deepak Jeswani
Thanks Andreas. The issue is

Thanks Andreas. The issue is when i connect in HID mode, keyboard on tablet becomes disabled. SO, I cannot use keyboard.

I want to use scanner in SSP mode i guess so that I can have keyboard also enabled when I am scanning.

Can you help me with the steps for pairing scanner in SSP mode?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andreas Fauerbach
In the keyboard selection

In the keyboard selection settings you can set "hardware keyboard" or "physical keyboard" or whatever it is called on your device to OFF.

This does not disable the bluetooth scanner. The keyboard events from it still come in.

This setting just makes the Software Keypad the default again.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’