3 of 3 people found this helpful
This procedure worked for me with SOTI Mobicontrol on a TC70 KitKat:
- Send the following command to the device: watchsettings on
- On the device, make the desired settings change
- Send the following command to the device: watchsettings off
- Select the device on the web console and expand the Logs section on the right side of the screen
- In the message column, look for an event that looks like this:
- Custom log (URI:content://settings/system SETTING:screen_off_timeout VALUE:60000)
- From the above you need to extract the settings type, settings name and settings value. The type will be system (sys) or secure (sec)
- The command format will be writesecuresetting -<settings type> <settings name> <settings value>
- For this example, the type is system so we will write –sys, the name is screen_off_timeout and the value is 60000
- When put together it forms writesecuresetting –sys screen_off_timeout 60000
This works for a number of settings. Unfortunately not for all of them.
Thank you very much for this info.
Do you know what are other possibilities for the mass changing Android settings if this procedure is not working?
this worked for me, thank you for taking the time to post.
This doesn’t work on Nougat using Android Enterprise on a SOTI Managed Device.. Apparently the permisionto overwrite Secure Settings and Global Settings are reserved for System apps only. The MobiControl Agent previously was included on the firmware as a system app but unfortunate is no more.
Android Enterprise is a different story.
The AE Soti client uses standard Android APIs (Managed Configurations aka App Restrictions) to configure apps on the device.