I'm looking for a sample Android application for the TC8000 using Visual Studio 2015/C#/EMDK.

I have started an app but I am having trouble getting it to deploy to the TC8000.

Anonymous (not verified)
The EMDK for Xamarin samples

The EMDK for Xamarin samples are here: Samples - Zebra Technologies Techdocs , these will work in VS2015.

The latest version of EMDK for Xamarin will support TC8000 according to this chart: EMDK for Xamarin Support & Downloads | Zebra

Darryn.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Cook
None of those examples were

None of those examples were built for the TC8000. Also none of the examples are for capturing data and writing to a database(SQL). I am having trouble getting the environment to recognize the correct Android O/S for the device. It keeps loading 4.4 instead of 5.1.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
As long as the computer

As long as the computer recognises the TC8000 through adb (you need to have the device in developer mode and potentially have the correct drivers installed) then you don't need to target the TC8000 specifically, any project with a minimum of lollipop or higher should work.  You can change the 'compile using', 'minimum target' and 'target version' in the project properties under Application. 

Whilst there is no example for data capture + SQL there is a data capture example, GitHub - Zebra/samples-emdkforxamarin-2_2 at BarcodeSample1  which uses EMDK to provide direct scanner access, the rest of the logic for accessing the DB would then need to be developed in C#

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Cook
How do you put the device in

How do you put the device in developer mode?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
No difference from a consumer

No difference from a consumer Android device in that respect, tap on the build number 7 times: How to enable Developer Options on your Android phone or tablet | Greenbot 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Cook
Thanks!

Thanks!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Akan Baydan
hi,I am developing

hi,

I am developing application with  visual studio.net cordova HTML5 for TC8000 android.

I do not use xamarin.I do add js files to my application

I get an error when I run the application. How can i solve it.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’