3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 3:17 AM by cornelia GUTU

SYMBOL CS4070 Scan SDK

cornelia GUTU

Hi all,

I have some questions about the sdk of CS4070 scanner.

I follow this guide https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/manuals/rfid/scannersdkforandroid-dg-en.pdf

but it seems to be very difficult to integrate the scanner control into my app.

I just want to connect my device to the scanner and scan barcodes.

I succeded to establish the communication between device and scanner using

dcssdkEventCommunicationSessionEstablished

and now I tried to get a EAN 13 barcode using dcssdkEventBarcode

but I get only 10 key instead to have 13 keys.

I've tried to use example from scanner control demo but I have a Exception: BluetoothScanner could not be cast to Barcode.

Please give me a index.

Did I use the good sdk for the Symbol CS4070 ?

Thank you.

• Re: SYMBOL CS4070 Scan SDK
          Darryn Campbell

Hi, you might get more luck posting in Advanced Data Capture  as this scanner is part of that group but I will try to help.

It looks like you are using the correct guide, the support site for the scanner is Symbol CS4070 Companion Scanner Support & Downloads | Zebra  and that site links to that guide for Android development.  Although there is no link to the Android SDK(!!) I found it at the support site here: https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/software/developer-tools/scanner-sdk-for-Android.html .  I notice the SDK has a scanner_control_app.apk inside it, I suggest trying this out to test connection with the scanner, I am not sure which demo app you might be using.

Some other things to check, make sure you are paired with the scanner and the scanner is configured.  There is detailed documentation on this in the product reference guide: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/manuals/barcode-scanners/cs4070-prg-en.pdf .  For the CS4070, you do not have to install 123Scan2 to configure it, you should be able to just connect via USB and edit the config.ini stored on the scanner.  There are a number of EAN options but I could not see anything that might only return the first 10 digits of an EAN13 barcode. 

cornelia GUTU

Hi,

Thank you for our feedback.

In fact, it was what I test, the scanner_control_app.apk which works perfectly with the scan.

I followed the same guide and the scan is paired with my device. What do you mean by "configured" ? The scanner is configured to accept EAN 13 barcode by default, isn't it ? Because it is work with scanner_control_app.apk. Or should I configure something on my app ?

I'm trying to use it only on Bluetooth not USB.

The log below show what happens when I scan with my device. The decoded barcode is 8930008996 instead 3168930008996 I have the same ProtocolDefs.DECODE_DATA Barcode Data with scanner_control_app.apk but on device screen display the good one: 3168930008996..

tmpBuffer: 12 , f3 , 00 , 80 , 0b , 33 , 31 , 36 , 38 , 39 , 33 , 30 , 30 , 30 , 38 , 39 , 39 , 36 ,.....

BluetoothScanner: ProtocolDefs.DECODE_DATA Final packet received

BluetoothScanner: ProtocolDefs.DECODE_DATA decode data enqueue into buffer

BluetoothScanner: ProtocolDefs.DECODE_DATA Barcode Data = 38 , 39 , 33 , 30 , 30 , 30 , 38 , 39 , 39 , 36 ,  Type = 11

BluetoothScanner: barcodeEvent added into the queue

BluetoothScanner: BarcodeSender thread barcode available in the queue and send it to client

BluetoothScanner: writeData = 06 , 96 , 04 , 00 , 01 , 00 , ff , 5f ,

BluetoothScanner: writeData = 04 , d0 , 04 , 00 , ff , 28 ,

Activity: barcode is : 8930008996

In addition, when I scan a barcode first time I have to wait a little moment before scanning another time.

I use this but it is not works: dcssdkGetPairingBarcode(DCSSDKDefs.DCSSDK_BT_PROTOCOL.LEGACY_B, DCSSDKDefs.DCSSDK_BT_SCANNER_CONFIG.KEEP_CURRENT);

Let me know if you have some ideas about my issue.

Thank you.

cornelia GUTU

Hi,

Sorry but I still can not make it work.

I created a new question on Advanced Data Capture channel:

Please see below my issue:

Hi,

I have a issue with the libraries published here :Scanner SDK for Android Support & Downloads | Zebra

I'm tried to use the project barcode_scanner_library_v2.0.3.0.aar with my app to connect a CS4070 scanner and scan EAN 13 barcodes.

But I have some problems :

- barcode event send only 10 digits

- I have to wait few time between two scans

Into my app I did all initialization and configuration of scanner : dcssdkGetPairingBarcode(DCSSDKDefs.DCSSDK_BT_PROTOCOL.LEGACY_B, DCSSDKDefs.DCSSDK_BT_SCANNER_CONFIG.KEEP_CURRENT);

The scanner works fine with the scanner_control_app_v2.0.3.0.apk.

It seems that the scanner_control_app...apk not use the same .aar library. This library was not uploaded on the last software SDK for Android.

Does anybody knows where I can find it please ? I really need it. I have a project where I need to integrate this scan only to scan EAN 13 barcodes and I cannot did it with the actual library.

Thank you a lot.