getEMDKManager method not calling onOpened auto-generated stub

P Paul Clark 2 years 11 months ago
97 1 0

In my android project, my end goal of this is to get a instance of a scanner object on my TC8000 to control when the scanner is able to scan based on what EditText has focus. When I call the EMDKResults results = EMDKManager.getEMDKManager(getApplicationContext(),this);, the onOpened(EMDKManager emdkManager) stub is never getting called. Therefore, the global emdkManager object is never getting set. I have done some research and one of the articles that I found says that "the application must not block the Main thread to receive EMDKListener.onOpened callback." Is this set to block when you start a new Android Project? Why is the onOpened never getting called?

Sorry I am a .NET developer trying to learn Android Studio/IntelliJ IDEA.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi, just to make sure everything is set up correctly and nothing has been missed from the application setup (e.g. some EMDK permission) have you tried running any of the samples on the TC8000?  The BarcodeSample1 sounds like it would be a good fit: Barcode APIs - Zebra Technologies Techdocs .  I think the advice about the application not blocking the main thread is more good practice but regardless, the sample app does not block it.

I understand there is probably a very good reason you are going down the Android Studio route but just in case you weren't aware we also have a Xamarin component targeted at .NET developers.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?