MC320N0 deleted my application

G Geol Kim 2 years 11 months ago
38 1 0

Hello!
I Installed my application in MC32N0 for my client.
my client living in Mexico.
The OS of MC32N0 is English.
For match Date format to SqlServer I set Date format at Regional setting as America.
And I set Date&Time as Mexico.
At that time Date&Time automatically initialized to 2005.
I do not know the reason.
But my Application runs good.
Then after around  1 month, my application deleted from MC32N0 device anyhow.
Nobody did it manually. I do not know why my application deleted by MC32N0 device.
And the Net work setting is initialized.
Does anyone experienced similar situation?
And does anyone know the reason?
How I can fix it?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

If your MC32N0 is running Windows CE, you would lose your applications on a cold boot or when the battery dies unless you take steps to cold boot persist your app/files. On a CE device, most of the file system and the whole registry is in memory.  If the memory gets reset, you lose your files and any new registry entries.  The Application folder is in flash, so that will remain after a cold boot.  Our remcapture tool is a good way to persist your app/files/registry entries. It lets you take a snapshot of your file system before you install your apps and files, then takes another snapshot again when you are done installing them, then it lets you build a package to put on the device to reinstall everything on a cold boot. I just discovered that the tool seems to be missing from the support site, but that soon should be corrected, and you should be able to download it here:
RemCapture Support & Downloads | Zebra

This will only help if you are running CE (not Windows Embedded Handheld or Android) on your MC32N0.
Page 146 of the integrator guide explains about the Flash file system
https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/manuals/mobile-com…

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?