Printing from webpages - why is it such a big issue?

// Expert user has replied.
O Omar Miah 2 years 11 months ago
1 2 0

I've done loads of research.
I've tried and tried and tried with little success to print from an old LP2844.
I made the webpage be the EXACT size and dimension required. I configured everything else as best and logically as I could.
I could only print onto 2/3rd of the label - the rest was space I couldn't access.

I've now done further reading.
I suspect this might be the answer: Browser Print SDK | Link-OS | Zebra

I'll try and see if all is fixed.

BUT why is it such a big mission?
Why can't it be JUST like any other printer.
You JUST select print and print!

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Manuel Caicedo-Rivera

Omar,

The printer LP2844 has been discontinued since 2012, and no longer supported since 2015. For more information, please, review the link below.
LP 2844 Desktop Printer Support & Downloads | Zebra

My suggestion would be that you can use one of our replacement models GC420d. For more information, please, review the link below.
Value Desktop Printers | Zebra

Please, check all available options for Desktop Zebra Printers on the link below. We also recommend to work with our Link-OS Printers that incorporate all new features and connectivity options with proven software tools.
Desktop Printers | Zebra

Thanks,

MC

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi Omar,
2/3 height or width?  Part of the issue with printing HTML web pages is the fact that there are 2 drivers involved.The one virtual driver built into the browser and the real one.  These drivers both have to be set up correctly and the browser driver assumes pages are 8.5"x11". More on drivers: If you get the real driver (in your "Devices and Printers" set up right and select the "Print using system dialog...", it should work. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?