How to stop the random start up buzzer sounds?

B Bogdan-Adrian Stefan 2 years 11 months ago
0 4 0

Hello,

We've just received our copy of the SB1 Dev Kit.
However, once we upload any of the Sample User Drives from the Developer Toolkit to the device, whenever it boots up (right after the calibration screen) the buzzer starts rambling with a lot of random weird, indistinguishable sounds. I've already tried Resetting the device to factory defaults, I overrode the buzzer parameters in the config file and set the volume to zero. Nothing helped. I'd appreciate your input.

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

B Bogdan-Adrian Stefan

Thanks for your input Mark. Really appreciating your help.

I have started the Rapid Deployment Client app, however the scanner button doesn't fire up the scanner engine. The usual scanner button doesn't seem to work, after pressing it. Any suggestions?

[lateredit]

Apparently it doesn't work to either connect it to the PC (as a Storage device) anymore. I'd try reapply the update using the classic /Temp folder method. I'm gonna try and see if I can make it show up.

B Bogdan-Adrian Stefan

Thanks.

Quite an adventure, indeed! Could a moderator maybe clean up this post, to retain just the Helpful and Correct Answers? I feel like we've diverged a lot from the main issue here.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

What you are experiencing is most likely a bug we call "Morse code". I would recommend that you update to OS28, please use the following link to request the download.
http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k…

See the release notes for all improvements and fixes.

B Bogdan-Adrian Stefan

Hello again.

Thanks for the tip. I already downloaded it and was going to try this. But I'm in a bit of a dilemma now.

I don't know how to connect to the Badge via Windows Mobile Device Center (I'm using Windows 7 x64), to get access to the System partition. Whenever I connect it via USB, it shows up as a simple USB Storage Device. Do I need some drivers to get access to the System partition (in order to update it, like in the procedure Motorola recommends)?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?