Starting out with EMDK

So we're starting work on coding for an MC40, and running into an error when trying to integrate EMDK into our code.  Everything works fine until I try and load the activity that initializes EMDK, and then I get the following error:

04-24 17:46:05.995 8578-8578/<appid> I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<<appid>.ChangeLocationActivity>

04-24 17:46:05.996 8578-8578/<appid> I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<<appid>.ChangeLocationActivity>

04-24 17:46:06.949 8578-8578/<appid> I/art: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<<appid>.ChangeLocationActivity>

04-24 17:46:06.950 8578-8578/<appid> D/AndroidRuntime: Shutting down VM

04-24 17:46:06.955 8578-8578/<appid> E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main

Process: <appid>, PID: 8578

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: <appid>.ChangeLocationActivity

at <appid>.ActionSelect$1.onClick(ActionSelect.java:41)

at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:4780)

at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:19866)

at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5254)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:903)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:698)

Other reading I've done online suggests that this is an issue with EMDK loading properly, but I'm not sure what direction to head to resolve it.  Can anyone help?

EDIT: So I did a little more digging, and I noticed that the EMDK page only says compatibility with the MC40 when running KitKat, and I have Lollipop on this device.  Do I need to downgrade it?