Any way to install a .bin file manually

Hi all,

is the any way to install a .bin file manually on the TC55 ??

Background is:

With stagenow i am able to create a own profile for APN settings.

Now i have customers wo dont want to use stagenow. They want to install the .bin file (who has been created with stagenow) manually ?

is there any way ?

Thank you

Regards

Tomi

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Tomi,what is created by

Hi Tomi,

what is created by StageNow needs to be consumed by StageNow or one of the supported MDM.

There's any particular issue that drive the choice to not use StageNow on the client device?

To set the APN on the device an alternative could be build a small application using our EMDK that is going to set this parameter.

there's a sample application that you can use as a guide:

GPRS Settings - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Tomislav Dujlovic
Hi Pietro, from customer side

Hi Pietro,

from customer side, it’s not allowed to connect them to a network.

So, I can’t use a network to share the need files.

Finally, after I have done a bin file in stage now (APN,) I put the file on the TC55. Second in Stabenow, I use Xpert mode batch config to make a batch. So that the stage now client will load the bin file directly from the TC55... it works. 

Any documentation about the what to do whit the bin file if I want NFC staging (put it on a nfc tag ?)

Regards

Tomi

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Tomi,with StageNow you can

Hi Tomi,

with StageNow you can build an APN configuration that includes all the information in the Barcode. No need to connect the device to a network creating the profile in as a "Config" only, as shown below.

An alternative is to create an APK that uses Zebra's EMDK to configure the device.

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’