Barcode blocked after application crash

M Michael Delgado 3 years ago
12 1 0

Hi, we are developing an Android application for the Zebra MC40 and using the EMDk 4.0. Following the tutorials we were able to capture the barcode scanner and read when the hardware buttons are pressed. But we had an strange behaviour when the application suddenly crash or if we kill the app from visual studio.

On this scenario, barcode stops working and I could not recover it. Restarting the device worked for me except in one device. On this particular device the scanner stopped working and when I press the scan button (hardware) no red light appears and the EMDKManager.getEMDKManager(getApplicationContext(), this); call always returns FAILURE.

Maybe we are facing two different issues but I want to know if I could recover the EMDK manager after a crash without waiting until Android kills the EMDK reference on the background of my app or restarting the device. And secondly, on that particular device I don't have any response of the barcode after the crashing of my app.

In addition, I want to add that we control when an Activity is destroyed or paused and we release the EMDK manager without any problem. However, when the application crash suddenly we are facing this issue.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi Michael,

As long as these are not MC40 JB devices (i.e. they are KK devices) you would be best off upgrading to EMDK 6.3.  I remember the crash issue on debug you describe in the older EMDK but it is no longer present in the newer EMDK releases.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?