TC56 - No illumination/decode when suspended for 10 secs on battery power

Y Youssef Chachia 3 years ago
0 1 0

Hello,

I have updated the TC56 device to the latest firmware "Android M GA 01-16-08.1-MG (GMS)" but I am still getting an issue when the device is suspended for more than 10 seconds, the scanner doesn't work (no illumination/decoding, only the red spot).

In the changelog I can see that this issue should have been solved :

"SPR-31875 – Provided fix for EMDK scan service application when suspended for 10 secs on battery power, no illumination and decode afterwards"

What am I doing wrong ? Can you help me getting this working please ?

Thanks

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

I looked into SPR-31875 and there were no changes made to the underlying operating system to fix it (there is a separate discussion going on in the SPR change log that including the SPR in the release notes is confusing!)

The resolution was to ensure the scanner is disabled when the device goes into suspend, so you need to ensure you call disable in your onPause routine.  The barcode sample app shows an example of how to do this: samples-emdkforandroid-6_4/MainActivity.java at BarcodeSample1 · Zebra/samples-emdkforandroid-6_4 · GitHub .

The underlying reason is because a new low power state was introduced for the scanner in Android 'M' but entering this state if the application still thinks the scanner is enabled can lead to various bits getting out of sync.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?