Auto-importing DataWedge profile (TC56)

// Expert user has replied.
I Igor Kurshakov 3 years ago
6 1 0

I need to auto-import DataWedge profile on application install.  I successfully did that on TC55 long time ago using approach described here:
https://developer.zebra.com/message/93702#93702

On TC56 though I faced some strange behaviour.  I created profile on same TC56 and exported it.  When importing using the above mentioned method I see the following symptoms:
1. Scanner is not activated on scanner button press (as profile instructs).
2. Opening DataWedge shows only my profile; all standard profiles are gone.
3. Upon exiting DataWedge system popup appears telling that DataWedge crashed.  I assume DataWedge auto-restarts as this popup is persistent and renders handheld unusable.
4. Restarting handheld does not recover from the above state.
5. /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/ directory does not contain my profile, but it contains three other profiles which look like three standard profiles which are missing.  Deleting these files does not recover from the above state.
6. The only way to restore handheld to functioning state is factory reset.

The OS version is 16.06.02 GMS
DataWedge version is 6.2.23

Is there any special workaround or other procedure for auto-importing?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

T THARINDU WELIGODAPOLA

There are two types of DataWedge configuration db files. Full db configuration(datawedge.db) and Profile db configuraiton (dwprofile_(profilename).db)

I think the problem here is that you have exported a profile but you have renamed the profile as datawedge.db. Try following steps and see you able to recover from.

Take a copy of the db file you imported (I hope you have a copy of it in your PC in the device exported location)
Rename the db file as dwprofile_xxx.db (xxx is your profile name).
Restore the DataWedge to defaults (Open DataWedge -> Tap Menu->Select Settings->Select Restore).
Now push the db file you created dwprofile_xxx.db to /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/.

Let me know whether you can see you configuration correctly now.

If this doesnt work please share the db file.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?