TC8000 Android 5.1 Screen sensitivity

Hi,

I notice that screen is too sensitive and it picks up just before it is touch.

Is there a way to adjust the screen responsiveness/sensitivity ?

I know it is possible for some android devices and maybe someone already manage to change it on TC8000.

Any information would be helpful, meantime I will start googling

Regards

Seb.

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Sebastian,Do you have the

Hi Sebastian,

Do you have the touch mode set to 'Glove' by any chance?  I do not remember exactly where it is in the device setting screen but you can also control the setting via the Touch manager: Touch Manager - Zebra Technologies Techdocs .

Darryn.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sebastian Waliczek
Hi Darryn,Thanks for your

Hi Darryn,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I did not mention about this information earlier,

MCMF Version for this device is 6.1.1.0 and does not support glove mode,

Touch Version : TTDA.03.04.721053 FW:2.0.860395, TTCONFIG:0017

Build Date : 20161130

OSX Version: QC.51.5.2.9

MCMF Version: 6.1.1.0

Build number : 01-22-06-L-00-A

Touch : Cypress CYTMA545 ( Type 2 )

Regards

Seb.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
The touch action was improved

The touch action was improved in 6.2+ but 4.2+ first introduced the ability to switch between "Stylus and Finger" and "Stylus and Glove".  There should be a setting for it in the device settings UI but I don't have a device handy to give you the exact location I'm afraid. 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sebastian Waliczek
Hi Darryn,Option for "Stylus

Hi Darryn,

Option for "Stylus and Finger" and "Stylus and Glove" or anything related to screen sensitivity can't be found on my device.

I did quick video with options available for TC8000 Android 5.1 link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ov6axykqsujt06/Demo0001.wmv?dl=0

If you see anything which will affect screen sensitivity please tell me.

Only one option related with screen sensitivity in this case is Language & input / Pointer speed which in some cases was reported as screen sensitivity settings ( does not affect screen sensitivity for this device )

I was looking for more advance settings change like this one :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=805829

But from my understanding it is depends on the kernel and drivers which are used for this touch screen which will require more digging

Regards

Seb.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Sebastian,I don't have

Hi Sebastian,

I don't have here with me a TC8000 at this moment but the option should be there, under Settings->Display.

You can find an explanation in the User Guide (Getting Started 1/19) on our support website:

TC8000 Touch Computer Support & Downloads | Zebra

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.34.11.png

The default configuration (Stylus, Glove and Finger) is more sensitive than the alternative option (Finger).

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sebastian Waliczek
Hi Pietro,Thank you for this

Hi Pietro,

Thank you for this information, however version of Lollipop i have on my TC8000 (Build Date : 20161130) does not have this option.

I can confirm Display/Touch Mode is available after updating the unit to version : Build Date : 2017 05 12

Yet it does not affect the screen sensitivity in the way i would like to configure it.

Regards

Seb.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Sebastian,as far as I know

Hi Sebastian,

as far as I know, that option and the related Mx configuration features are the only one exposed to control the touch sensitivity and are usually enough for the users.

If you have problems with your particular unit it may be linked to an HW problem.

Best,

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sebastian Waliczek
Hi Pietro,This is not HW

Hi Pietro,

This is not HW issue.

We are currently configuring 15X TC8000, and I never mention in any of my post that this is a problem.

I am trying to tweak them a little bit and make more MC9090 user friendly,

Imagine end users who get used to MC9090 with resistive touch screens, moved to TC8000 with capacitive one, and they struggling with very responsive touch screen. You could ask them to get used to it, yet if we can configure something so the users will feel more home alike why shouldn't we?

BTW this is not something I am doing as precocious, customers already had this questions before.

Regards

Seb.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Radoslaw Duszczyk
Hi Sebastian I have the same

Hi Sebastian I have the same problem

I can't find "touch Mode"

I only find "Ułatwienia dostępu" (Facilitate access)-> "Czas dotknięcia i przytrzymania" (Time to touch and hold)-> I change on "Długi" (Long). I thing it's help.

Regard

RD

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’