MC9200 Failure on scanner.enable()

A Alexandre Rousseau 2 years 11 months ago
54 1 0

Hi,

We recently acquired a MC9200 for android development. After building our app we integrate Zebra EMDK to interact with the scanner and control the dataflow.

The problem is half of the time when we do scanner.enable in initscanner() provide by the tutorial, the scanner failed with description FAILURE.

We found that a reset of the mobile computer would fix the issue for 1 hour or 2.

Any fix ?
RELATED TOPICS WHITOUT FIX:scanner.enable() throws ScannerException 
Also, i don't see my profile going into data wedge how do I put my profile into datawedge profile manager ?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi Alexandre,

Are you using the latest version of EMDK available, currently 6.4?  I think the most likely issue for you is you have not updated the EMDK runtime on the device (see the release notes for details https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/software/developer…… )

DataWedge and the EMDK API scanner.enable() are entirely separate ways to capture data in your application.  If your application is using the EMDK API then DataWedge will not be in effect.  To answer the question: you can import your profile in DataWedge using the UI on the device, or configure it through the Data Capture profiles (Profile Manager - Zebra Technologies Techdocs ) which can be accessed via an application or during staging.  Additionally, on DataWedge 6.3 capable devices (unfortunately not the MC9200) you can also use the DataWedge API to configure profiles.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?