How can i print special separator like GS RS EOT in QR code using ZPL?

Hello everyone!

I have a question about special separator characters printing?  as i said, is it possible to print GS RS and EOT in QR code?

I`m using ZPL right now and i know we can use Code128, Code39, Datamatrix, PDF417 for that....

the result should be like below:

Untitled picture.png

Thanks!

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Johnny, You use the ^FH

Hi Johnny,

You use the ^FH Command to code unprintable characters.  The human readable will only show the printable characters, but they will be encoded.

^XA ^FO100,100^BY3 ^BCN,100,Y,N,N ^FH\ ^FD[(>\1E06\1DP38201735\1D2PR012\1DQ00100\1D3S17227A0112\1D1T1722700500\1E\04^FS ^XZ

If you are looking for the output you have to be printed as text on the label, that is harder.  You have to handle the entire thing as a string and use reverse printing on each set of characters.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Johnny Bao
Hello RobinThanks for your

Hello Robin

Thanks for your reply, I`m wondering if i can use QR code instead of Code128 to print out special characters.

I`m using Datamatrix now, but still thank you for your reply.

Thanks!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Special characters can be

Special characters can be encoded in QR code in the same way as in Code128, as shown in the example provided by Robin.

Here is an example of inserting ~(\7E), BS(backspace \08), GS(group separator \1D) and RS(record separator \1E) into a string of "0123456789ABCD" in a QR code. Hope this helps.

^XA

^FO20,20^BQ,2,10

^FH\ ^FDQA,\7E\080\1D1\1E23456789ABCD 2D code^FS

^XZ

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Johnny Bao
Thank you Stevenyour answer

Thank you Steven

your answer solve my problem perfectly!