1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 6:16 AM by Daniel Silva

.NET MC92NO Application Errors

Dean Carl

Hi,

I have recently taken on maintenance of a .NET application that gets deployed to various MC9200 and MC92NOs with very little documentation.

The application is developed in Visual Studio 2008 and deployed with a Target Device of Windows Mobile 6 Professional Device.

The application has deployed perfectly fine previously, however when trying to deploy to a new fresh batch of MC92NOs, an error is returned: "OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Versions=2.3.12004.1, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=.....", or one of its dependencies, was not found."

We have previously been able to deploy and run the application on other MC92NO units. Is this most likely a mismatch of .NET Frameworks of similar on the newest batch of devices, and how might I begin finding/comparing the installed Frameworks and Components?

Thank you for any assistance you may provide.

• Re: .NET MC92NO Application Errors
          Daniel Silva

To check the version of Compact Framework,  you can run the cgacutil app in \windows.  You will need to go into view/options in the file browser and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" so you can see that in the file browser.  I am looking at a CE7 device.  If yours is Windows Embedded (probably is if you are targeting Windows Mobile),  it might be slightly different,  but that app should still be there.

OpenNETCF  is not a part of the compact framework though.  It is an add on package that many developers have used to help with these projects.  There would typically be a cab file or some dlls that get deployed to the device for OpenNETCF.  You might want to check that you are not missing some files that need to be deployed.