3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 2:22 PM by Steven Si

Check if it has printed successfully

Tobias Sette

Hi. We have an Android application that sometimes sends a lot of tickets to print (on Zebra GC420t) and some of them are not printed successfully. How can I check if Zebra has printed the tickets correctly?

• Re: Check if it has printed successfully
          Robin West

When you say "not printed successfully" what do you mean? Are they not printing at all? Is a blank ticket being printed? Is it running out of paper and not handling that?

Are you printing over Bluetooth, network, or USB?

Tobias Sette

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I'm printing over USB. "Not printed successfully" means that I sent 30 tickets to print and only 26 tickets are printed because my Android app crashes. So I want to check if what I sent was printed, if not I will handle it.

Steven Si

You may want to utilize the odometer variable on the printer to check how many tickets have been printed out. Using {! U1 "odometer"} or {! U1 "odometer.user_label_count"} to query the count as reference to determine how many tickets have been printed out through the application.

... output of {! U1 "odometer"} ...
                  odometer.user_label_count : 13 , Choices: 0-4294967295
                  odometer.user_label_count1 : 814
                  odometer.user_label_count2 : 814
                  odometer.total_label_count : 814

Another thought on this subject is to use getCurrentStatus() to do status check both pre and post each print job, to make sure that a print job is printed successfully before sending another one. This could prevent sending too many jobs that may exceed the buffer on the printer, which in turn results in the count out of sync during an app crash. This is more a preventative measure.