RW420 with old firmware - UTF-8 encoding

J Jan Bejvl 2 years 11 months ago
86 2 0

Dear Community, Dear Zebra Team,

I'm trying to print chars like "čšřťžáíéě" on Zebra RW420 R4D with version of firmware ZPL V30.8.4-Z3.30.
I'm not able to set encoding. With ZPL he command ^CI is not available for that firmware ver(when I use it, it is ignored).
With CPCL none of "COUNTRY" option helps. There is an ENCODING command:

ENCODING Example
Input (ENCODING.LBL):
! 0 200 200 200 1
ENCODING GB18030
TEXT GBUNSG24.CPF 0 20 30 Font: GBUNSG24 ‚t‚u
ENCODING ASCII
TEXT 7 0 20 80 Font 7, Size 0
PRINT

but it is ignored by printer. I think it has something to do with ENCODING.LBL file, but I have found nothing about how to get it or use it.

It is not possible to update firmware or download any files from PC. I have to use only ZPL or CPCL.a

Thank you

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi Jan, The RW with that version of firmware is not going to be able to use the ENCODING command.  Especially if you are unable to download anything.  I think ENCODING is a newer command and it requires a font to be loaded on the printer.  The COUNTRY options are your best bet, but you will have to ensure the character encoding is correctly sent.  It will not handle UTF-8. The issue is I'm not seeing some of those characters in the standard language sets supported.  Which language are you printing? Czech?

I Iman Sh

Dear Community, Dear Zebra Team,
I am using zebra rw420, I am trying to use Arabic language. Before that I have tried to use different encodings and print in different languages using ^CI, but nothing work with me, can you help me please?
^XA
^CI28
^FT100,200^A0N,50^FDTEST accents é è à ù ^FS
^XZ
I have tried all examples in https://supportcommunity.zebra.com/s/article/Printing-with-Internationa…
always the output is same as without ^CI.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?