Printing Difference: MS Word vs. MS Access

We have a Zebra GK420t printer that has been successfully printing labels created in Microsoft Word in Times New Roman, Bold, font size 6.5

We have recreated those labels in Microsoft Access with the same settings. Although the print preview in MS Access shows bold, when the labels are actually printed, they are not bold.
If I change the font size to 8, the bold comes back.

Can someone explain why?

Anonymous (not verified)
Comparing the ZPL (or EPL)

Comparing the ZPL (or EPL) output from Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access is probably the only way to figure this out. The ZPL (or EPL) is what the GK420t printer receives.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Geri Richter
How would I find out how to

How would I find out how to do that?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Redirecting the print to a

Redirecting the print to a file, instead the printer, will generate the ZPL content. Here is how.

1. On PC, click on Start -> Devices and Printers to open the Devices and Printers window, as shown below

Devices&Printers.JPG

2. Right click on the Zebra printer you want to redirect the print to a file and select the "Printer Properties". Please note, it's the "Printer Properties", not the "Properties". Then, select the "Ports" tab and select the "Files" to redirect the print to a file. In this example, we choose iMZ320. The "Printer Properties" window is shown below.

Devices&Printers.JPG

After the above is done, a window should pop up, asking for a filename, whenever we try to print to that Zebra printer. The content of that file contains the ZPL. Hope this helps.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’