Print photo id and name from web application

// Expert user has replied.
U Uttam Chand 2 years 11 months ago
4 2 0

I need to print photoid card with the name on it from the web application. Use case is as below -
User will upload the photo and enters the name to be printed in the web application HTML page hosted on the remote server. Once User clicks Print button I need to print it through the local printer connected to the User computer. Is it possible to achieve this functionality? Please share how we can develop this.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Manuel Caicedo-Rivera

Hi Uttam,

Unfortunately, we have not developed a WEB-API to do a direct implementation yet, but there are some workarounds which could be more difficult to implement depending on the type of the card printer.

One of the options is downloading a small app on each client-PC that uses our JAVA Card-SDK and connect from your web-app to the client-app through JavaScript to manage the graphics & text.  We have not developed sample code for it yet.

Another possible option is through the Zebra PC-driver that could be invoked directly from the browser, so can you send the graphics/text to the driver, and the driver takes the portion related to the printing with the local printer.

If you are working in a particular project, also we have a custom development paid services group that develop this type of projects for customer directly. If you are interested, I can give you more information about how to contact our services team..

Thanks,
MC

J Joshua Preston

You can, but it's kind of ugly if you aren't familiar with Windows Services. I had to write a windows service that was installed on the client's computer. It uses SignalR technology (google SignalR) that is implemented using JavaScript and through the service via C# (or whatever your service is written in). I have no idea how you are going to send the image to the service. That would be a fun task, sending the name though should be easy. Maybe you could just save the image / name to a database and load it via the service once a action is clicked, not sure.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?