App works on TC51 but not on MC40

// Expert user has replied.
V Vijay Harikrishna 2 years 11 months ago
12 2 0

Hi All,

I have an app that used to work on TC51 and MC40. Then i added barcode scanner feature using EMDK.

I am able to install the new app on TC51 and it runs flawlessly. But on MC40, i am able to install but unable to launch it.

When i launch my app, i see the "App not installed." screen (attached for your reference)

My TC51 is running 6.0.1 Android OS and has EMDK service on it.

My MC40 is running 4.1 and does not have EMDK service on it. Could that be a reason why?

My Manifest file says:

My module's build.gradle says:

android {
  compileSdkVersion 26   buildToolsVersion '26.0.2'   useLibrary 'org.apache.http.legacy'   defaultConfig {
  applicationId "com.xyz.abc"   minSdkVersion 14   targetSdkVersion 23   versionCode 10   versionName "2.0.5"   // Enabling multidex support.   multiDexEnabled true   }

If you have any clue as to how i can get the app working on my MC40 as well, that would be great.

Thanks.

Regards,
VJ

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

P Peter Arcuri

VJ,

EMDK service (runtime) is required to run apps with reference to the EMDK libraries. MC40 with Android 4.1 (Jellybean) doesn't ship with the service so you'll have to install it.

To note, Jellybean support from EMDK ended in version 5, so you'll need to obtain the EMDK OS update app from EMDK version 5.0 and deploy specifically the EmdkOSUpdateApp_v5.0.3.apk file to the device. Then run your app.

V Vijay Harikrishna

Thanks ​. Will give this a shot and let the good folks know what happens. I hope i won't run into BSP update issues and such.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?