4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2017 1:46 PM by Felipe Quinto Busanello

SB1 - Problem with first steps. Config.js doesn't work

Felipe Quinto Busanello

Hi,

I'm a developer and I'm trying to test the "hello word" app according the official manual.

When I copy the files apps.json and config.js to config folder in SB1 and restart it, but nothing happens and the SB1 shows the same original screen.

I tried to set some configurations in config.js like beep volume, but when I restart the SB1 I see no changes.

I guess I'm forgetting some detail.

Please, anybody can help me?

If anybody can send me a code sample to "hello word", I appreciate it.

Best regards, and thank you very much!

• Re: SB1 - Problem with first steps. Config.js doesn't work
          Daniel Silva

1. Make sure your USB cable is not connected to your PC when you boot.  If it is connected,  the device cannot see \UserDrive,  only your PC can see it.

2. There are some Sample UserDrive folders in the toolbox.  Try copying one of those over (the config folder and apps folder) and see if you have better luck.

Felipe Quinto Busanello

Hi, Daniel.

Thank you very much for your reply.

1. Yes, I disconnected the USB cable before reboot the device.

2. I can't download the toolbox. First, when I clicked to download, the site show a hardware register form, but when I submit the form it returns an error. So, I found a registered login in site bugmenot[dot]com , then I sign in in the Zebra site. but the site show me another form to require the toolbox zip file. I filled out the fields, submitted the form, and

the site shows a message that my request has been received and is being evaluated. So far I have not received any email from them and I have not been able to download the files yet.

Please, could you kindly send me the developer toolbox?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.

Daniel Silva

I did not realize that was a restricted download.  If you have a device that is under warranty or on a service contract,  you should be allowed to download it.  You can work with support on that.

In general,  your config.js will need this line to tell the device where to find the apps.json file:

config.apps.src = '/UserDrive/config/apps.json';

Your apps.json needs to look something like this:

{

"name": "Hello",

"url": "/UserDrive/apps/hello.html"

}

I am attaching a modified version of hello.html from the doc.  There were some typos in there.  I am on the road and so not have an SB1 with me to test this,  but hopefully this will help.

Your config.js and apps.json would go into the "config" folder that you see or will need to create (Which from the device's point of view is actually \UserDrive\config).

Your hello.html will go in your "apps" folder.

Be careful about capitalization on pathnames and filenames as well.  The underlying browser is case sensitive.