Android Handheld RFID Reading EPC and User Memory

Hi,

I want to ask if there is a UHF Handheld RFID reader provided by Zebra that supports reading EPC and USER memory banks together at the same time ?!

Thanks

Andreas Fauerbach
The Zebra RFD8500 RFID

The Zebra RFD8500 RFID Handheld reader supports Android devices.

However, no RFID Reader can read EPC and USER simultaneously. The air protocol allows access to only one memory bank at a time.

In your application you need to inventory your tags and then individually access the memory banks you want to read.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mohamed el shahed
Thanks Andreas for your

Thanks Andreas for your response, but I have a question

I already have an RFID handheld reader from another manufacturer that reads both EPC and TID memory banks together .. So that means that reading more than one memory bank is applicable but why there is no way to read EPC and USER memory banks together ? Is it a general thing in RFID readers ?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andreas Fauerbach
It is very easy to make

It is very easy to make duplicate tags with identical EPC. To prevent fraud, some tags feature a silicon serial number, which cannot be changed. This serial number lives in the TID memory, That may be the reason, why some reader software show the TID memory together with the EPC.

Other than EPC and TID, USER memory is not mandatory. Some tags don't have any USER memory at all. It does not make sense to read it everytime.

Probably, you need to write a custom application, that reads EPC and USER memory for every tag and report them back together.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

John Ventura Molina
Can I read TID + EPC in a

Can I read TID + EPC in a simple step or reading with the Zebra RFD8500 ??

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andreas Fauerbach
Reading TID and EPC in one go

Reading TID and EPC in one go require the tag to support it and typically a vendor proprietary command from the reader.

I don't think the RFD8500 supports that to date.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’