TC70 Data Wedge Demo

J Jim G 2 years 11 months ago
6 1 0

My Data Wedge Demo app is not working.

It starts up, but when I press the top button on the left side, nothing happens.  The lower left button does nothing either.  I have compared the settings with my other TC70 which works fine and cannot figure out the problem.

Also, on the screen there is a round yellow circle with a barcode in it.

How do I get rid of that?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Matt Dermody

Are you configuring your devices manually? You may want to look into the options of distributing consistent configurations via an MDM/EMM like SOTI MobiControl or at a bare minimum through a staging utility like StageNow. The Zebra MX layer provides an immense amount of exposed configurability on top of the stock Android management options making the Zebra versions of Android significantly more manageable in an enterprise environment. Despite the incredible capabilities that MX provides, scanner integration and configuration is handled via DataWedge. The good news however, is that it is easy to replicate a DataWedge configuration from one device onto another device by distributing a datawedge.db Export file either via adb, an EMM like SOTI, or StageNow.

More information here:

About DataWedge - Zebra Technologies TechDocs 

Note that you may want to select your specific DataWedge version in order to see what is supported. Note that the same concept applies to what version of MX your device supports.

As for the yellow pop up, that is called Scan Assist, and it enables you to have a soft scan trigger displayed on the screen so that users with different hand sizes and orientations (left v. right) can adjust the trigger position to suit their specific needs. You can turn it on/off with the "Data Capture Plus" checkbox within the DataWedge profile for the specific application.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?