Hi, that definitely sounds like a driver issue to me, just to confirm you are using the drivers from Download Android USB Driver | Zebra ? Also, please ensure you connect the cradle directly to your computer and not through a hub or virtual machine to avoid the possibility that those are causing problems. Once you are able to run adb devices everything else should recognize the device. Failing all that (and I haven't had to do this in a long time) but you might also want to make sure your adb_usb.ini file contains the following entries:
I have never tried with a WT6000 device personally I'm afraid so I can't say if I had any difficulties myself.
Thanks for the reply, Darryn.
Yes, I had already used the driver (androiddrv020200.exe) from the location you had referenced. I am plugged in via cradle directly to USB; no hub or VM involved. adb_usb.ini has all of the entries you mentioned.
I'll keep trying today.
Ok, I got it working. I had to go through device manager. So for those that experienced the same issue:
1. In Windows go to "Device Manager" (There are a few ways to do this, my preference is to right click "My Computer", click "Manage", then choose "Device Manager" from the left pane.
2. In the Device list on the right the device will be listed under "Unknown Devices" with a small yellow warning icon overlayed on it. (In my case it was the WT6000)
3. Right click on the offending device and click "Update Driver Software..."
4. Choose "Browse My Computer for driver Software"
5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
6. Choose "View all devices on computer"
7. Scroll Down to "Zebra" under manufacturers
8. Select "Zebra Android Device"
Once it is set, then adb and the development environment was able to see the device.