WT6000 unrecognized by adb

M MERCER COREY 2 years 11 months ago
17 3 0

Hello,

We are currently evaluating / prototyping on a WT6000 and, while I was successful in getting the VS2017 development environment up and running, I am having problems getting the WT6000 to be recognized by the development environment. The device is recognized as a USB device so I know that it is not a connectivity problem. Also, I do have Debugging enabled in developer options and I made sure to turn off MTP. In the device manager, the WT6000 shows up with a yellow exclamation point indicating that the drivers for it did not install correctly. I tried installing the AndroidUSB driver and then tried manually updating the driver in the device manager, but it appears to not like it for whatever reason. Attempting an "adb devices" still yields no results.

Our company is currently in the "discovery" phase with regards to our next-gen warehouse devices. We've been using the wristmounts since the WT4090's and we are now on the WT41N0's. I am the primary developer for our applications on these devices. I've been developing warehouse handheld software for the past 17 years and I am familiar with Windows and Android development and I have to say that this is probably the rockiest start I've ever had in trying to get a development environment setup for a device. Indeed, I can't say that I've ever had a problem getting an android device to be recognized by ADB before today. That being said, it doesn't help in the decision making process as we will also be evaluating devices from two other vendors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Corey Mercer

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

M MERCER COREY

Ok, I got it working. I had to go through device manager. So for those that experienced the same issue:

1. In Windows go to "Device Manager" (There are a few ways to do this, my preference is to right click "My Computer", click "Manage", then choose "Device Manager" from the left pane.
2. In the Device list on the right the device will be listed under "Unknown Devices" with a small yellow warning icon overlayed on it. (In my case it was the WT6000)
3. Right click on the offending device and click "Update Driver Software..."
4. Choose "Browse My Computer for driver Software"
5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
6. Choose "View all devices on computer"
7. Scroll Down to "Zebra" under manufacturers
8. Select "Zebra Android Device"

Once it is set, then adb and the development environment was able to see the device.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi, that definitely sounds like a driver issue to me, just to confirm you are using the drivers from Download Android USB Driver | Zebra ? Also, please ensure you connect the cradle directly to your computer and not through a hub or virtual machine to avoid the possibility that those are causing problems.  Once you are able to run adb devices everything else should recognize the device.  Failing all that (and I haven't had to do this in a long time) but you might also want to make sure your adb_usb.ini file contains the following entries:
0x0451
0x05E0
0x0414
I have never tried with a WT6000 device personally I'm afraid so I can't say if I had any difficulties myself.

M MERCER COREY

Thanks for the reply, Darryn.

Yes, I had already used the driver (androiddrv020200.exe) from the location you had referenced. I am plugged in via cradle directly to USB; no hub or VM involved. adb_usb.ini has all of the entries you mentioned.

I'll keep trying today.

Thanks again!

Corey

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?