Does 'Browser Print' support S4M Industrial Printer

Hi,

I am trying to use the 'Zebra Browser Print' for creating label. I have able to use it successfully for QLN420 printer. But when I try the same for 'S4M Industrial Printer', it is not working. The Sample page(index.html) is able to retrieve the printer name but when ever trying to print the label through that sample page (index.html) it is getting error.

Please let me know whether Browser print supporst 'S4M Industrial Printer' or not. I guess same question is applicable for LP 2844 Desktop Printer.

Another issue is, my QLN420 printer is printing 2 lables in stead of one (Event if I am trying to print it from that sample index.html).2nd Label is blank one.

Please need input ASAP. It blocking the progress of the code.

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi,Are you using the standard

Hi,

Are you using the standard USB connection, through the driver, or over the network?  The S4M has not been tested but it "should" work as long as it is standard with essentially default settings.  What error are you getting?

For the LP 2844 - again it should work as long as the printer is set to ZPL and is a standard version of this printer and firmware. 

For the issue of printing 2 labels, you likely need to calibrate the printer so it can detect the gaps in your labels. There are many ways to do this but the easiest is likely on a PC -Go to 'Devices and Printers' . Right click the printer and select printing Preferences.  Select the Tools tab and Action-> Calibrate media.  Then hit Send.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Subhadip Bhatta...
HiI have tried to use the S4M

Hi

I have tried to use the S4M and LP2844 through usb .

I have tried to use it through the browser print sample screen and there is no specific error i got in screen.

How to check if LP2844 supports zpl or not.

These 2 are with my client. I was checking in his machine.

How 2 get the proper error in browser print. How to set lp2844 to zpl

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
HHi,For checking the LP2844

HHi,

For checking the LP2844 if it supports ZPL, you can check the printer driver ("Devices and Printers" -> Right click printer -> "Printer Properties" -> General tab -> Model ) or send me the part number from the bottom of the printer.

If you are not getting an error, you will likely have to step through the DevDemo.js file in the sample code to find out where the javascript stops.  My guess is that it's in the checkPrinterStatus() function and if you comment out lines 84 and 85, the demo will work.  It is common on older models to have issues with bi-directional communication needed for status checking.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Subhadip Bhatta...
The model no of LP2844 is

The model no of LP2844 is part no - 2844-20320-0001

I will carryout further testing with dev demo.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Subhadip Bhatta...
Hi Robin,I have tried to

Hi Robin,

I have tried to print the labels from LP2844 using ZPL in Direct communication window of Zebra Setup Utility. No Label is coming out.

1.jpg

But if I try to print configuration label from the setup utility then it is coming out.

The below error I get from the Sample page of Browser print....

2.jpg

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Subhadip Bhatta...
The LP 2844 model no is

The LP 2844 model no is LP2844. and in the back side the printer it is mentioned that 'EPL' and model is LP2844.

Please also let me know whether S4M can be used for Browser print.

Please provide your resposne

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’