[Android] Cannot get text input of scanned codes via DataWedge

S Severin Bachelart 3 years ago
2 1 0

Hi everyone,

I'm developing an app that will be installed on 2 different types of smartphones that both have their different integrated barcode readers.
Because of this, I'd like to avoid using the Zebra EMDK and treat every scanned code just like if it had been typed in an input field.

The problem is that when I scan a code, it beeps to indicate that it has read the code, but it does not write the code down in the input I've selected.

I've checked the documentation and tutorials and it says to activate Keystroke Output, which I did.
I've also added my app in the Associated apps (all activities, with the *) and have added the default web browser as well for easy testing.

Below are screenshots of my DataWedge configuration (it's in french so I wrote the translations of some titles in red next to it - in you need any more translations please ask).

Could anybody help me see why it's not working ?

Thanks a lot !

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Do you have some other keyboard installed on the device?  I have a similar problem when I install Vysor, Vysor takes over control of the keyboard and DataWedge does not send keystrokes until I re-select the default IME.

Also, might be worth checking the profile is definitely active when your application is - the easiest way I find to do this is to enable Data Capture Plus in the profile, you should then see the scanner icon whenever the profile is enabled - Data Capture Plus Profile Feature Reference - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

The DataWedge settings look correct to me.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?