Print .lbl file from code.

E Ed Barnes 2 years 10 months ago
881 3 0

Hi all,

Some background:

We have two Zebra ZP 505's provided to us by FedEx. But we want to use them to print labels for another need at our company. I have installed the ZebraDesigner (free version) and every time I try to print a sample label I get the totally helpful message: "'SAMPLE.LBL' not printed. Error encountered during print."  If I try to feed one label via the Tools->Printer Tools->Print->Feed One Label I get the following message "Call to Windows StartDocPrinter has failed!" My assumption is that the ZebraDesigner software read the printer as a GX 420d not a ZP 505 and is sending the wrong printer name to Windows.

We use Fedex and UPS apps but we are developing our own proprietary app (WPF/C#) to print labels for another need. What I would like to do is design the .lbl file, add the file to my project and print directly to the printer with the .lbl file - I wouldn't export (or preload) it to the printer (because the software can't access the printer - see above).

Are there any samples that would show how to do this?

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

T Tusharkant Nayak

Hi Team,
We have a ZP 505 used for FedEx at packing bench, We want to use that printer to print LPN labels generated during Packing in Oracle.
Please help me how to print from Oracle.
Note: We are using 420T, where we can save the ZPL file and send the data in XML. But in ZP 505 there is no directory list to store ZPL file.
Best Regards,
Tushar

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Ed,

Would like to add two cents to be more precise. ZP505 is not just "intended to work" with FedEx software. Definitely it will work only with a FedEx software.

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Ed,

Zebra ZP505 is FedEx branded printer. It is intended to work with FedEx software.
Unsure it could work with ZebraDesigner.

However in a following ZPL manual you can see ZPL commands that printer is able to understand:
https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/manuals/printers/common/program…

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?