Build error No such file or directory - "vcbuild"

Hello Guys i would like to run a project on a Win CE Device but i got the follow Error msg:

No such file or directory - "vcbuild" /M4 "CoreAPI.vcproj" "Release|MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)"

cd C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platform/wm

rake aborted!

No such file or directory - "vcbuild" /M4 "CoreAPI.vcproj" "Release|MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)"

Could anybody help??

Uwe Stockemer
Hello Peter,what do you mean

Hello Peter,

what do you mean with "paths setup in RhoStudio"?

i insert under RhoMobile ->WindowsMobile in properties vs build tool path:E:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9/VC/vcpackages/vcbuild.exe

after that i got a error message: vcbuild.exe : error VCBLD0004: Project 'CoreAPI.vcproj' does not contain a configuration called 'Release|MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)

regards

Uwe

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
Presumably you have VS2008

Presumably you have VS2008 and MSFT SDK installed and paths setup in RhoStudio. In addition you'll need the CE 5.0: MC3000c50b PSDK installed. You can download it from Motorola Support Central.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Glenn Sayer
Uwe,One issue that I had that

Uwe,

One issue that I had that caused this same problem was that I was trying to use the wrong Vcbuild.  See if you have other vcbuild's installed and try using them.

64bit - don't use

C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/bin/amd64/vcbuild.exe

use this one

C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/vcpackages/vcbuild.exe

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Uwe Stockemer
Hello Glenn,i already use 

Hello Glenn,

i already use  the path:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/vcpackages/vcbuild.exe

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Uwe Stockemer
Hello Glenn,i found the

Hello Glenn,

i found the solution:

Window-> Preference->RhoMobile->Cab Wizard path:->C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/vcpackages/vcbuild.exe

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
Motorola Rho plugin for VS

Motorola Rho plugin for VS 2008 is optional. An alternative to the default Eclipse based IDE you get from downloading RhoMobile Suite. This is required to build your project.

In addition to RMS 4.0 you'll need VS2008 for targeting windows-based devices;, MSFT WMM SDKs for WM devices and if targeting WinCE-based devices, you would also need the MC3000c50b PSDK.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Khaled, the MC3000 is out

Hi Khaled, the MC3000 is out of support so you probably can't download the Platform SDK anymore.  If your question relates to RhoMobile suite like the original poster then you might have more luck asking at the Tau Technologies forum, http://forums.tau-technologies.com/

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Uwe Stockemer
Hello Daniel,sorry but i had

Hello Daniel,

sorry but i had already installed :-(

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Khaled Hossain ...
@Daniel Silva I am facing the

@Daniel Silva

I am facing the same problem. Could you please give the exact link where I can find the MC3000c50 PSDK? Because I didn't find it anywhere in Zebra site.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Uwe Stockemer
Hello Daniel,First: Thx for

Hello Daniel,

First: Thx for your help

Next: i reinstall PSDK and it runs betther as before but i got the nex error message:
No such file or directory - "C:/Program Files/Windows Mobile 6 SDK/Tools/CabWiz/cabwiz.exe" InventoryManagement.inf

On my PC the cabwiz is installed on :

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9\SmartDevices\SDK\SDKTools

My Question where or how can i change the new  Path?

BR
Uwe

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
It sounds like maybe you are

It sounds like maybe you are just missing the PSDK.  You can get that here.

https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionId=5695&redirectForm=search&searchQuery=%3FsearchT…

Once you install that on your machine, try building for Win Mobile again.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Uwe Stockemer
Hello Peter,thx for your

Hello Peter,

thx for your reply, you mean for running on the device it required MS VS Studio 2008, MC3000c50b PSDK, Motorola Rho plugin for Visual Studio 2008?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
A couple of other thoughts. 

A couple of other thoughts.  I think that you might need VS2008 Professional to target CE devices.  If you are running Standard edition, that might be the issue.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I had one customer who had VS2008 Pro installed, but he  did not have C++ support installed.  You will need C++ to build Rho projects for CE/Win Mobile.

The install order of Visual Studio add ons (like the PSDK)  can cause issues some times. If you did something like reinstall VS2008 after already having the PSDK installed, VS2008 may not have the PSDK integrated properly.  You may need to uninstall and reinstall the PSDK.

As a test to see if all of the VS2008 parts are there, you could try to create a new project in the VS2008 IDE. If you open VS2008 IDE and try to create a new project that is Visual C++/Smart device/Win32 Smart device project, in the platform section of the Win32 Smart Device Project WIzard, you should see MC3000c50b in the Installed SDKs window.vs2008.png

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Topic locked