SB1 Memory Leak

// Expert user has replied.
V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 11 months ago
4 2 0

Can anyone help me with a 'Low Memory' issue on the SB1. I have an application that collects data when off-line. It polls my server to see when it is up. Each poll leaks a little memory so eventually I run out of memory. Stopping and starting the app does not release the memory. Only a coldboot does.

I can check in code to see if WIFI is up without having to poll when it is down. However the only way to check if the server is up is to poll it periodically.

I would really like to get this fixed. In the meantime I'd like to try a workaround of coldbooting the SB1 when it gets cradled. However all my various versions of coldboot do not work on the SB1. If anyone has a solution for this let me know. I am also going to start a discussion asking for a coldboot.exe that will work on the SB1.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Is the Server and SB1 on the same network? If so, the SB1 does support push messaging, here you could send a push message to the SB1 from the server indicating it's alive.

-Derek

H HIMANSHU ANILKUMAR LAKDAWALA

Hi,
Is your application running on Shell?
To cehck if wifi is availabel have you tried signal events to see the netwrok availability to see if valid IP is available?
Can you also provide details of Software version on device and few details of your applications?

Thanks
Himanshu

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?