SB1 Screen questions

R Robert Rapp 3 years ago
0 1 0

All  - I'm new to the SB1 development have a couple questions regarding the screen.
1) After launching my app, is there a way for the main screen to scroll to fit all the required data in?
2) The units screen refresh (flickers) every 3 seconds. Where is the option to change this?

Thanks,
Bob

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

You could probably implement  a scroll bar or something like that, but I would strongly suggest not doing that on this device.  It will be very frustrating for users to use something like that with a fingertip.  You really probably need to rethink the screen layout and just show the data that is most important on the initial screen and maybe give the user an option to use a large button to get to subsequent data.  You really need any touchable elements on the screen to be pretty large so that the user can use them with a fingertip. If you have touchable elements that have images on them, that usually also means that the image should be as big as the element itself.  I have seen instances where the image is smaller than a button for instance, and the  image is what gets the press, so the button does not work unless you press it right in the middle.

As far as the flashing, E-Ink needs to clear the screen after X amount of data has been written to it, otherwise it starts getting "ghosting" of previous screen data under your intended screen view, so the driver keeps track of how much data has been written to the display and wipes the screen when it decides it needs to.  It sounds like you might have a moving element on the screen if it keeps doing this.  You want to minimize any animation on this device. The E-Ink display saves battery life because it only needs power when it is changing the display.  If the display data is not changing, the display draws no power.  If you have something moving on the display (like a rotating hourglass) battery life will suffer and you will get the excess flashing that you are seeing.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?