Zebra EMEA , November 2021
This unofficial/unsupported utility is designed to allow fast creation of persistent EHS Deployments for demonstration and customer deployment. The utility allows applications (which have already been installed on a device) to be automatically included in an EHS configuration which includes :
- enterprisehomescreen.xml – this is the configuration file for EHS
- the required files to redeploy EHS i.e. the EHS app itself and associated files
- the customer APK’s and the XML required to auto reinstall everything following an enterprise reset
- a custom wallpaper image to be included as the background for the EHS installation . When EHS starts initially, the wallpaper image will be automatically watermarked with key information about the host device including the MAC address, OS Build and IMEI Number (WAN devices only)
- Optionally the Mx XML required to whitelist the installed apps – this will prevent any additional apps from being installed on the device
Example Screenshots showing different wallpapers and device info watermarking
- Cleanboot the target device and then enable ADB and install the required customer app(s)
- Download the required utilities from this link: https://airsetup.uk/airsetup.uk/airbeam/zebra/2021/security_devtalk/security_devtalk_v1.zip
- Unzip the utilities to a local working folder on your PC e.g. /genehs
- Check that device has a usable ADB connection to device and then from the working folder, run the genehs.bat file to create the required files . When prompted for a projectname via the screen below, enter a name which will be used to create a sub-folder under working folder with the same name (containing the project files):
- If whitelisting is required (in order to prevent additional apps from being installed on the device) then check the ‘use Whitelist’ option . This will include the required Mx AccessMgr code in the generated XML.
- Press the Process button after completing the projectname and you should see the dialog below with confirmation of creation of the projectfolder.
- The device will now be running EHS with the previously installed apps added to the EHS launcher as per the sample screen below